Happy Halloween!! I don’t’ know about y’all but this month has flown by. I feel like I say that in every time I post, but it’s true. The month of October has just come and gone in a blink. Halloween is my favorite holiday and I love doing fun crafts with the fam each year. From Halloween slime to a couple of years back I made Madeline a pumpkin costume and not to mention a fall wreath. This year I wanted to make something we can use again and again. So we made Halloween themed bath bombs. They have been such a hit! They’re so simple and fun to make with your kiddos, it’s perfect to make on a rainy day and perfect for anytime of year. These are so easy to make and most of the ingredients are found in your kitchen.
1/2 cup of baking soda
1/4 cup citric acid (I got mine at Hobby Lobby)
1/4 cup Epsom salt
3 tsp of oil (we use vegetable oil)
1 tsp water
½-1 tsp of essential oil (optional)
a few drops of food coloring (optional)
1. Whisk the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix the wet ingredients separately in a measuring cup with a fork or small whisk.
2. Slowly add the wet mixture to the dry while whisking. Add a few drops at a time until well incorporated. Mix until the mixture feels like wet sand and holds together when squeezed.
3. Pack your mixture very tightly into a mold!! You can use muffin tins or soap molds. We used Halloween-shaped silicon baking molds from Target.
4. Let your bath bombs dry overnight.
5. Pop them out!! Toss them in the bath and watch them fizz up. Store your bombs in a glass or plastic container to prevent cracking over time.