Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas & a Happy New Year! I thought I’d post a family/life up date, plus my New Years resolutions for my very first post in 2018. 😀
I’ll start off by saying that my family and I have had a great year full of fun, family and lots of laughs. Although their has been a few hiccups along the way, it’s been a great year that I have been very thankful for.
High Points of 2017
- Husband and I celebrated 4 years of marriage & 11 years total together. Woop woop!! I’ll be the first to say marriage is no cake walk. So I thought I would brag about our little milestone this past year. We are coming up on five years of marriage in June!! Sometimes it seems like yesterday and other times it seems like a lifetime ago. Being married is not always easy but it’s SO worth it. 🙂
- Maddie turned 3 and started day care. I say every age is my favorite but three is really becoming my favorite age. Maddie says the craziest things, she’s super active and just a very happy kid. Having kids makes everything more special. Starting day care for her was a huge step and a great one to get her around more kiddos. Being a stay home mommy she tended to miss out on the social interactions that day care provides. It’s something she adjusted well too and that she looks forward too.
- Trips. This year was full of fun trips. Mostly they were trips to see family and even a couple of trips to the coast. I am a family oriented person. I’m very close to my family but they live far away, so making time to see them is one of my biggest priorities. So this year felt like we really got to make that happen.:) Every trip this year was very memorable, especially the ones to the coast. I love getting to see the ocean. It’s so relaxing and just recharges you. I hope this next year we can have even more trips! 😉
- Snow on my birthday! Even though this might sound like no big deal to some, this was a big deal this year. In Central Texas it never snows and if it does its more like ice. But this year (on my birthday I might add) we had the best layer of perfect snow. Everyone was so surprised to have a snow day in early December in Central Texas. It was a first for my daughter and for our three crazy dogs. The snow came and went but we enjoyed it as much as we could.
- Maddie got a new baby cousin. Probably the biggest change this year was getting to meet Maddie’s new cousin back in February, Miss Lindi. Her very first, first cousin! It was great to welcome a new baby in the family and see how Maddie adjusted. At first she was so excited, and then not so excited. :/ Now that she has gotten a little older Maddie can really interact and play with her, which she loves. It’s so cute to see Maddie’s maternal side come out.
Going INTO 2018
- New job- That’s right, I will not be a stay at home mommy anymore. I am starting a new job very soon, and I’m starting to get excited. Not only will I be working full time, I get to take my daughter to work with me everyday. In other words I’ll be her teacher!! What?! It was a job I just couldn’t refuse. I’m so excited but a little nervous about the transition for the both of us.
- New Washer & Dryer– This is how you know I am getting old. Yes, I get excited about new appliances. 🙂 Josh and I received the best gift this year for Christmas… a brand new washer and dryer!! This might not be exciting to some, but for us this is a BIG deal. The past year our washer and dryer has been on the fritz and if anyone has had washer and dryer issues then you feel my pain. So I never thought I say this but I can’t wait to do laundry 🙂
- Looking for Land- Something that is always our minds is finding a nice piece of property we can call home. To be able to stretch out and have tons of room to roam. It’s something my husband has always wanted and now I’m getting the property bug as well. We have been looking for a while, but the tough part is finding land in the right location for the right price. So maybe this is the year!
1. Eat Healthy– This is one resolution I know everyone makes (including myself) every year and breaks it within about a week. This is one resolution I really want to focus on. I’m making a plan and I’m sticking with it!! Wish me luck!
2. Get Organized– I’ll be the first to admit I am not cleaner. I hate cleaning!! I mean my blog is called one haute mess for a reason. I procrastinate as much as possible, but this year I am really trying to change that. Having things unorganized isn’t the best way to live. It feels so much better when everything is in the right place. So getting the house organized is a big goal of mine this year.
3. Make a Baby– …say what?! Haha at first I was going to keep this one private BUT then I realized you know what, I may as well be honest. There is no shame in saying the things you want out loud. This is something that Josh and I have been thinking about for over a year. So yes, another little Mitchell baby would be a wonderful addition to our family in 2018 —-> so fingers crossed.
What are your New Year’s Resolutions?!